n recent decades, olive oil has been studied for its many health benefits. These studies have concluded that olive oil has both healing and preventive properties of multiple diseases including cardiovascular diseases, various cancers, alzheimer’s, osteoporosis among many others.
PROPERTIES OF OLIVE OIL
Olive oil contains a lot of microelements favouring the functioning of the whole body. Among these elements we can highlight the following:
- It is rich in fatty acids, which are good for the functioning of the mind and heart, as well as favouring the metabolic function.
- It contains monounsaturated fats which act against LDL cholesterol.
- It has lots of polyphenols, another beneficial substance for health.
- It is rich in vitamin E, which is considered a great antioxidant.
HEALTH BENEFITS OF OLIVE OIL
Olive oil has many health benefits and prevents the appearance of a large number of diseases. Let’s see which are among the highlights:
- It is an ally against cancer. According to studies, regular consumption of olive oil can prevent the appearance of different types of cancers. This is probably due to the high content of oleic acids it contains.
- It works against diabetes because it fulfills regulating functions of blood sugar levels. Diabetes Care revealed that the use of olive oil combined with a good diet could reduce the appearance of Type II diabetes by up to 50%.
- Another benefit of olive oil is that it could help with weight loss, as it improves digestive function.
- It helps prevent cardiovascular diseases by acting as a vasodilator by improving blood circulation and lowering blood pressure.
- It prevents osteoporosis because it acts correctly to bone mineralization, avoiding the loss of calcium with aging, thus strengthening bones and joints.
- It is highly recommended for mental wear. The monounsaturated acids it contains prevent mental deterioration, which can often lead to alzheimer’s disease.
As we can see, olive oil has many health benefits. Therefore, making moderate use of this liquid can help us prevent many diseases and keep our body healthy.